Last modified: February 12, 2022
Oil Painting Pros respects your privacy and is committed to being transparent with you about how we handle personal information.
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, or have purchased one of our courses. The Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. If you have accessed our site via a social media platform, such as Facebook, we may collect information related to your social media account, such as your handle or identifier on that platform. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site, and web beacons, to access cookies, count users who visit the Site, or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Our primary purposes for using your personal information are to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, for customer support, advertising and marketing communications, research and service development, and to keep our Platform and users safe and secure.
Specifically, we may use your information for the following business purposes:
To provide and improve our services. We use personal information that we collect about you to allow you to access our Platform, to provide you with the services you request, and to improve and customize Oil Painting Pros Services.
For customer support. We use personal information to investigate, respond to, and resolve customer queries, send you technical notices and security alerts, and provide other support and administrative services.
For advertising and marketing communications. We use personal information to develop targeted advertising both on and off our Platform about Oil Painting Pros Services, and to communicate with you about our products, services, offers and promotions, including making recommendations about Oil Painting Pros Services you may be interested in.
For research and service development. We use personal information to conduct market research and to develop new services in order to provide you with a better experience and to drive growth in our business.
For legal and security purposes. We use personal information to prevent, detect, investigate, and take measures against criminal activity, fraud, misuse of or damage to our Platform or network, and other threats and violations to Oil Painting Pro’s or a third party’s rights.
The information you provide to us will never be disclosed, traded, licensed or sold to a third party. However, there are specific instances, described below, where your information could be provided to a known third party.
The Types of Information We Collect and Store:
Some of the information we may collect about you and store in connection with the provision and fulfillment of our services to you may include:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Billing Address
- PayPal Email Address
- Masked Credit Card Information (for – refunds)
- Other responses to surveys and questionnaires
- Sign-up source
- Date of account creation
- Date of account updates
- IP address
- Time stamp
- Device type
- Operating system
- Email open clicks
- User ID
- User behavior
- Login history
- Order details
- Facebook ID
- NPS score
- Your rating of our support
- Testimonials, with your authorization
- Anonymized Facebook comments
- Live location
How We Use Your Personal Information:
The above personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, or promote our Service
- To contact you
- When you have opted in to receive email messaging
- To respond to your email inquiries. Specifically, when Visitors or Members send email inquiries to us, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. We do not use the return email address for any other purpose, or share it with third parties.
- To monitor and analyze trends such as:
- Purchase history
- Sales reports
- Behavior on the Site
- Email clicks and opens
- To market our products and services through:
- Email marketing
- Advertising, including retargeting via Google and Facebook
- Perform accounting, administrative and legal tasks
Who Has Access to Your Data Within Our Organization
Within our organization, access to your data is limited to those persons who require access in order to provide you with the Products and Services you purchase from us, to contact you, and to respond to your inquiries, including requests for refund. Those staff members may be on teams such as: marketing, events, development, executive, customer support. Employees only have access to data that is relevant to their team, on a “need to know” basis.
Who We Share Your Data With Outside of Our Organization, and Why
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Site, to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations, including through the execution of GDPR-compliant Data Privacy Agreements or Addenda, as applicable.
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Company or others.
Why We Store Information We Collect From You
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member on the Site, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Site;
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
- To better understand the traffic to our Site so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Site, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
If you order services or products directly from our Company we will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Cookies and Tracking Tools
- To remember your country and language preferences
- To deliver information that matches your interests
- To help us understand our audience and traffic patterns
- To let you automatically log into programs and parts of our site that require membership
- To manage and present site info displayed on our website that will be specific to you
We also use Web Beacons to collect non-personal data on how you use our site, such as how long did you visit our page, what web browser you’re using, what’s your operating system, and who’s your Internet service provider. In addition we also use Google Analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website. This data is collected from thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This helps us build a better website to match our visitors’ needs.
You may also opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Double Click Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
While we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Services and websites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. If we do discover a security breach affecting your data, every effort will be made to provide a notification within 72 hours of our team learning of the occurrence.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company. Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
- In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
- Request access to your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the Service:
- From Our “Cookie Consent” notice banner
- Or from Our “CCPA Opt-out” notice banner
- Or from Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” notice banner
- Or from Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.